New Service! Paladin's Behavioral Clinicians partner with individuals, staff, advocates, and family members to provide hands-on training to promote success and decrease the number of challenging or dangerous behaviors. We can provide behavior management services in the home, at place of employment, school setting (observation only), day programs community places such as parks, coffee shops, stores, etc.
Behavior Management could include assistance, training and supervision in the following:
• Increasing assertiveness
• Consulting with team members as well as family
• Reducing maladaptive behaviors
• Teaching stress reduction and anxiety relief techniques
• Educating on socially appropriate behavior
• Developing social skills
• Teaching coping skills
• Increasing appropriate expression of emotions, feelings and desires
Behavior Management Services are funded through the CIH, FSW Medicaid Waivers.
Our weekday adult day services (Adult Developmental Activities Program) offer opportunities to engage in age and skill-level appropriate activities. The men and women who come to the Centers in Hobart, Highland, and Michigan City, Indiana explore new things, discover enjoy, and develop their talents while working side-by-side with peers and team members. In this program, individuals may wish to enhance their daily living skills or participate more in the leisure activities offered. We pride ourselves in addressing the needs of the ‘whole individual.’
In our Sensory & Environmental Awareness Lab (SEALAB), partially supported through a generous grant from the PNC Foundation, we address all of the sensory realms including visual, auditory, tactile, olfactory, gustatory, vestibular (knowing where one’s body is in space) and proprioceptive (hard touch) domains. The SEALAB provides relaxed, non-threatening sensory stimulation in which learning is so much fun.
Residential Habilitation Services (RHS)
Paladin residential services focuses on providing services and/or supports designed to ensure the health, safety and welfare of adults with disabilities. We focus on helping men and women to live successfully in their own homes or with a small group if appropriate. RHS includes direct supervision, monitoring and training to implement the Individualized Support Plan (ISP) outcomes for the participant through the following:
- Assistance with personal care, meals, shopping, errands, chore and leisure activities and transportation (excluding transportation that is covered under the Medicaid State Plan)
- Coordination and facilitation of medical and non-medical services to meet healthcare needs, including physician consults, medications, development and oversight of a health plan, utilization of available supports in a cost effective manner and maintenance of each participant’s health record
- Assurance that direct service staff are aware and active with individuals in the development and implementation of their ISP, Behavior Support Plans and Risk Plans
Participant Assistive Care
Participant Assistance and Care (PAC) Services are provided in order to allow participants with intellectual/developmental disabilities to remain and live successfully in their own homes, function and participate in their communities and avoid institutionalization. PAC services support and enable the participant in activities of daily living, self-care, and mobility with the hands-on assistance, prompting, reminders, supervision and monitoring needed to ensure the health, safety and welfare of the participant.
Can We Count On You?
We need your support! With your gift, Paladin will continue our work to protect the rights of people with disabilities and support their full inclusion and participation in the community. May we count on you today?